Friday, March 4, 2011

Fears

Ellie has started to have nightmares. Twice this week she woke up in tears and yelling, "Bugs!" When I tuck her in for nap time she inspects her room. Dirt on the stairs, the odd shape of a sock in dim light, or a little feather on the floor cause a panic. This week in play group (the morning after her first nightmare) I heard Ellie crying. I asked her buddy, Max, why she was crying. He retrieved a HUGE plastic grasshopper and showed how he ran it up Ellie's back and through her hair! This was a minor set back, but she was playing with the grasshopper in no time at all and the experience probably ended up being more helpful than harmful. We've been talking a lot about bugs and how they are harmless, but Ellie isn't sold.


Her first mud puddle jumping excursion. We heard lots of frogs but didn't get to see any. They were "hidin'."




"Ellie...make a funny face."


"I'm swinging!"


1 comment:

Caroline said...

Poor thing! The video is too cute! I think Matthew's was mostly fever-induced when he had the flu but he woke up crying saying there were monsters in his room three nights in a row. We had to inspect the room, under the bed, in the closet plus he had to sleep with Flicker, the flashlight from Handy Manny.

 
View My Stats